Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Update from the Other Side of the Pond

Well, you may have noticed (or, if you haven't, are about to as Im pointing it out in about 1 1 1 1/2 seconds) that I havent updated my blog in quite some time. I would like to coninue with it; I enjoy writing and think blogging is a great way to share what you want to share.  In my case I want to share my faith.

The reason, though, I've not blogged in a while is because I've been more focused on prayer and discernment these last couple of months.  During Lent there were beginnings of ideas that God may actually be calling me to close the door on discerning Priesthood and thus leaving the community I was with, The Missionaries of the Most Holy Eucharist

Easter was a time of surprises as it seemed that the Lord was, through various means, confirming the fact that I was to head back home.  Culminating in a beautiful pilgrmage to Lourdes and Fatima I was able to be confident that, indeed, this was God's Will.  Go back to 'merica!

(God didn't really say that to me - He doesn't have a Texan accent but you get the idea.)

So I came back home.  Going to try to listen to the Lord for the next step.  He often only shows us one part at a time anyway.

I'll remain associated with the community I was with, however.  I still firmly believe in their mission and want to help spread Eucharistic Adoration however I can but now I will no longer be discerning the Priesthood as they say.

So that's the brief update!

(Now I just need to figure out how to change my blog profile...)

-Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment