Sunday, March 9, 2014

False Start, Five Day Penalty, Still Lent


Well the original plan was to give up Facebook for Lent beginning Ash Wednesday.

But you know what? Life is hard. So, I was trying to tie up conversations I was having on Facebook and justifying the delay of course.  Yesterday, I told myself "NO Facebook today! You can go back on tomorrow for the last time until Easter." You know what I experienced yesterday? A lot of peace, less distractions, and more of a sense of freedom.

What holds you back in your spiritual life? What causes you to have to "go back" or what slows your spiritual progress?  What keeps you from doing what you know you need to be doing? That's why we have Lent.  It's like an intentional, spiritual tune-up.  

So, I may post a few (or more) times on the blog during Lent (after all, I've not given up the Internet completely! That would be crazy! haha gosh...) and may post them on Facebook but I really have no intention of "using Facebook" and I'm glad for that.  I really want to listen during this Lent.  I want to be quiet.  I don't want to be interrupted by random things that rob my peace.  I don't want to be distracted by the unnecessary. 

"Martha, Martha you are anxious about many things.  Only one thing is necessary.  Mary (Magdalene) has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from you."

You don't have to be anxious and divided among many things.  Just keep looking into the eyes of Christ.  Listen to Him during this Lent.  Really open yourself to what God is saying through His Word (especially in the daily Mass readings) because He's speaking to you.  And you know what?  What He is saying to you... it is very necessary that you hear it.  In fact, it's the one thing necessary.

God's Will is what you want anyway (deep down inside at least.)  Don't settle for less.  Choose the better life, a more joyful life, a more peaceful life.  I promise, it will not be taken from you.  You alone have the power to keep God out of your life.  In what ways, do you think,  is God trying to enter your life even more?

Let Him in.

"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done unto me according to your word."

-MM

No comments:

Post a Comment