Monday, September 30, 2013

Dishwashers, Crypts, and Repentence (update with photo!)

Well a couple great blessings heading this way.  Tonight I'll be able to join Fr. Sean for Mass down in the crypt where St. Mary Magdalene's relics are (8 pm my time, 7 hours ahead of central standard USA!) What a gift to be able to celebrate the sacrifice of the Eucharist in the same way as the first Christians did in the crypts of Rome where the early martyrs and Saints were buried.  And here with such a model of perfect repentance and love for Christ.  St. Mary Magdalene, pray with us and teach us how to love Our Lord as you did!

Tomorrow we will receive a profound grace which St. Therese has won for us on her feast day: a dishwasher! Woo! Such a time saving, hygienic grace ;)

I really like France! (I even like the stinky cheese. Truly.)

Matt

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(UPDATE)

Mass earlier at the crypt with Mary Magdalene's relics was beadutiful and with today being the feast of St. Jerome, I found the connection appropriate.

Two Saints in love with the Word, contemplation the Word.
The communion antiphon was the verse from Jeremiah 15:16

Lord God, your words were found and I consumed them;
your word became the joy and the happiness of my heart.

Jerome is often quoted as saying "Ignorance of Scripture is
ignorance of Christ."

What a gift to meditate and chew upon the Word through the Scriptures
and then to truly consume the Word made flesh - Jesus Christ - in
the Eucharist.

Lord God, your words were found and I consumed them;
your word became the joy and the happiness of my heart.



-MM

No comments:

Post a Comment